You’ll save two lives: the pet you adopt and the pet the shelter can take in as a result of your adoption.
You’ll know what you’re getting: Many shelters and rescues provide behavioral assessments on adoptable dogs and vet checks on all adoptable pets.
Your perfect pet is waiting for you:
- 6-8 million cats and dogs enter shelters each year in addition to countless other species.
- 25-30% of shelter dogs are purebred.
You’ll save money: “Free” pets are no bargain. Shelters and rescues usually cover initial veterinary costs, including:
- Spaying/neutering $150 – $300
- Distemper vaccination $20 – $30 x2
- Rabies vaccination $15 – $25
- Heartworm test $15 – $35
- Flea/tick treatment $50 – $200
- Microchip $50
- TOTAL: $320 – $670
Our shelter is open Sunday through Saturday 9am – 1pm. Please contact a volunteer to find out more information on a specific dog or visit our Facebook page. You can also email us at [email protected].